Tuesday 28 October 2014

Arc. Nya Etok rates Akpabio, says I am not setting a platform to fight government

A frontline Housing Development consultant  and the president of Kingdom Project Initiative, Arc.  Ezekiel Nya Etok over the weekend distanced himself from the speculations making the rounds that he is setting a platform to attack the state government as the 2015 general elections approaches.

According to Nya Etok, “Now, when I said that no one will emerge as the governor of this state that will not pass through my fire, you really needed to understand what I was talking about. That sounded a little hard. I know people might have started saying, who’s he? What does he think he is? It could also sound boastful and arrogant. But I’m happy that from the media report, I wasn’t quoted out of context and nobody had queried me about that position.

“The two events that happened recently show us something that we must open our eyes to. The first was when Senator Helen Esuene was attacked in Essien Udim. The second is the crisis that erupted during Udom’s declaration. 


Now, I want to appeal to the media to report issues of violence in a condemning manner. I think the first thing we should do is to develop an agenda that will go against any act of violence because we sometimes could become the victims of such acts.  If we start early to inform the people, we would have saved the society from getting into a situation that will not augur well for us as a people. That’s one of the functions of the Kingdom Project. We should be able to mobilize pastors, talk to them and appeal to them to do everything humanly possible to condemn any act of violence. If we do this and we succeed, we would have been able to save lives. That’s what I meant by that.

“In the past, we had had people who through their content felt that the people should be engaged. Some people have come to lead the state, but from a wrong way. Let’s look at our last three governors. Obong Akpan Isemin, for me, he gave us a new mentality and new orientation. One of the greatest statements that he made was that we should drop ‘etuk’ syndrome. And I think that the media should celebrate that man for that. He gave us a foundation. 

When Obong Victor Attah came, we all knew and saw what happened. We all were talking about gigantic projects and he was building on that statement. A time has come that we should be counting for our people. Today, we have a governor, when you talk about infrastructural development; we have become a point of reference in this country. 

In an interview I granted AIT, in housing, I rated Governor Akpabio high. I gave him A+. Some people might have gotten angry with some of the indices that I used to fail the Governor. Any governor that does not have failure in its record is not a good governor. If a governor wants to have and do everything, he’s not a serious minded governor”, Nya Etok concluded.

He further praised Governor Godswill Akpabio for transforming Akwa Ibom State and ensuring that the state have and enjoy the ongoing infrastructural renaissance. He tasked the media on effective news reporting and added that he will always be a partner with the media towards effective service delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment