Tuesday 29 March 2016

Etteh eulogises James Ocholi


Immediate past Leader of the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Okpolupm Etteh, has condoled with family of late James Ocholi, SAN, as they lay his remains to rest.

In a condolence letter to the family during the obsequies of the former Minister of State for Labour, Rt. Hon. Etteh said “I cannot eulogize you enough but I know that your life was a testimony of God’s goodness and faithfulness. My family and I will surely miss you but we thank God for the sustainable impact you have made in our lives.”

“You were a man of value, an embodiment of truth, a straight talker who did not mince words but at the same time you had a great sense of humour and undoubtedly, a very witty man. For me and my family, we are particularly sad that death has snatched you, your wife and child away so cruelly from us, but the wind cannot tamper with your legacies.”

Rt. Hon. Etteh, who described late Ocholi as an unforgettable friend, further said “I remember it as though it was yesterday, the incident that brought us together. As a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) with extremely tight schedules, you took the trouble to come to Uyo to see me and my legal team and have a firsthand with me before we file our brief at the Election Petition Tribunal. That was in 2011, and since then we have been a family.”


He said late Ocholi’s contribution and pioneering achievements “throughout life will reverberate for years to come.”

While urging the family of the deceased to be console by the fact that their loss led a good life, the former Leader maintained that “It is true the greatest fear of a man is to lose a loved one but you were to me and my family more than what love can define; you left behind the most cherished legacies which were still fresh in our memories and shall remain our source of inspiration.”

No comments:

Post a Comment