Thursday 15 October 2015

Salami in buoyant mood for Burkinabes

Salami in buoyant mood for Burkinabes
Warri Wolves for ward Gbolahan Salami is in positive spirit as Nigeria prepare to face Burkina Faso in a 2016 Chan qualifying game this Saturday.

Salami told supersport.com that his confidence ahead of the 2016 African Nations Championship (Chan) comes from the good season he has had with his club in the Nigerian top-flight.

He also believes that most of the players in the Super Eagles camp in Port Harcourt are braced to take to the pitch and strut their stuff in the qualifying game.

“It is going to be our first real (competitive) game as a team together and I am looking forward to it. I am confident we will do well in the game and the aim is to win convincingly so that we can make the second leg easier. But the focus is on this game and we will talk about the other one when the time is right.
“For me, I am ready for this match. If I am picked I will give my best like I usually do. My colleagues are also ready for the match and as professionals we know what is at stake in this match,” Salami told supersport.com.


The Wolves striker also cleared the air on reports claiming that he is injured and is now doubtful for the Chan game against Burkina Faso’s Stallions.

“I don’t know where that is coming from,” Salami began by setting the record straight on his purported injury. “I am fit and as I speak to you I am going for a game in camp. I have just played a league game over the weekend so I am in good shape.”

Salami, who is expected to be available for selection against Burkina Faso, has scored 14 goals in the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL).

No comments:

Post a Comment