Tuesday 13 May 2014

The Nsit Ubium 2015 long series (Episode 2): The man who steals the show BY UBONG SAMPSON

The Nsit Ubium 2015 long series (Episode 2): The man who steals the show BY UBONG SAMPSON
I know I did stressed in the first episode that in the course of the long series, the true opinion of people about Hon (Barr) Onofiok Luke will be needed in all forms for the purpose of sometimes presenting something away from my personal opinion; but what I am not sure I did was putting up the question formally; so I thought, until my attention was caught by the main caption of the piece- “who is Onofiok Luke?”, and just then I realized I had ignorantly thrown the question to his fans who just could not wait for a formally arranged vox-pop or interaction before telling me and the entire world about the many mysteries of the recently titled Otuekong of Ubium.

Just like it has been a practice for me, my pieces, especially when it has to do with public/political analysis, are usually shared by me with my online friends who mostly will, in their comments, appreciate both the work and the gesture with words of encouragement career prayers. Ofcourse I do appreciate and believe in them, despite the non-formal processes through which they come. However, I have observed overtime that the said online friends of mine seem to be ignoring both me and my work whenever it involves Hon Luke as the subject matter. Sincerely, this is where the proven excellent legislator steals my show, as over 97% of those who stop by to drop their comments will always, as if mine is never enough, add eulogies to him, while commending his buzzing outstanding virtues. Enough reason for jealousy to creep in through my angle, only that considerations regarding my being his fan, and most importantly, the undisputable veracity of his ever spectacular leadership prowess will not just give way to any intending personal sentiments.

My habit of sharing articles with online pals never gave exception to the last week’s episode of this series, and just like providence had brought to bare, the comments of almost all who took interest in having a glance were wasted on eulogies on Barr Luke, and which obviously were indirect response to the question posed by the caption. I could barely pick any of them with an intending credence to the writer, though, but without creating any time to waste on finding reasons, I could easily attribute it to the fact that this man called Onofiok Luke has succeeded in winning the hearts of so many people, and surprisingly, even that of those who are yet to meet him, but have only heard of his exploits. For the necessity of details and proof, I will only request for your permission to share a few of the comments here.

The first reader, Kufre Darty, female, who cared to drop a comment simply described Hon Luke as a good leader, adding that there’s no one like him. The second, Godswill John, female, described him as her mentor. Next was Iniobong Nkan, male, while describing the legislator as a true and complete democrat, commended him for proving that performance is not by size, but by goodwill and proven capacity.

Following the former was Joseph Brownson whose comment went thus: “you are just too much, my Honourable, may God bless you for your good works”.
Ubongabasi Linus, in his comments described Hon Luke as a leader with a difference and his. He also referred to him as his mentor and a mentor many other Nigerian youths, adding that 2015 is a done deal for him.
Ubong Ekanem described the Nsit Ubium proud son as the man in charge of true and total democracy; while Promise Etim’s comment went thus: “Onofiok Luke: man of the people and the voice of Akwa Ibom youths”.

Joining the others, Ukeme Okon said: “there is a saying that when a leader leads and no one follows, then he must be taking a walk. Our Hon, we have heard and seen your good leadership by example, we say thank you and God bless. Carry on, king of the boys”.

Enoch Godwin said, “Leader of the youths…true representation of democratic tenets and leadership, kudos to you for showing an ideal pattern of carrying people along”.

Uko Udong, in his comments, said, “I just have much faith in this man. I must say, without an iota of flattery, that Onofiok Luke is a motivation, a pillar of hope. Like it or leave it, 2015 is sure for him.

 The pleasure of taking more of the comments would have been mine, but for sake of space, or the lack of it, you will have to permit me to leave that for any of the subsequent episodes; but that notwithstanding, the purpose of it, you will agree, has been achieved.

Be that as it may, it is also worthy of note that this widely accepted true leader has always had his way of stealing the shows whenever and wherever his presence is made visible at a place. Often times, people, especially youths uncontrollably break protocols for his sake, as his presence tends to excite them at anytime one comes by. I recall during a gathering of Uyo Senatorial District youths at Mboho Mkparawa Ibibio Hall, how the whole crowd of youths, upon Luke’s arrival, broke protocol and unintentionally coerced the Etinan LG Chairman, who incidentally was the convener, to take a pause while Hon Luke walked to his place amidst heavy cheers from the youths. Without any effort of his, he stole the show there, and has been doing same at many other places. Most times when I see the crowd of people surrounding him at public functions, particularly at departure times, I usually get confused over how he is going to sort out everyone of them, because the ‘him’ I know will not leave without ensuring that someone gets at least what is worth a REAL square meal before leaving; and the way the whole crowd will release him after being sorted out, gets me thrilled.

Summarily, as much as I would never run short of words to better describe this noble KING OF LEADERSHIP, I still would not want to make this piece longer than it should, for the purpose of not exceeding the limits of any of the series. However, one thing worthy of note is that this man called Onofiok Luke has a problem, and the problem is that he is just too good to be hated or criticized by any. Mistake not my words for his; Hon Luke is not a foe to criticism, especially when it is more constructive and meaningful, but truth is, his performances hardly give room for one. He is the man of the people, both in his country home and beyond; his people believe in him; he is so valued by them that no price tag can declare him fit for sale; they believe in him, and so much that they cannot afford to risk their chance(s) with another, as they all prefer it remains with him, while he continues to do with it, the magic he knows best… perhaps a convert reason why they are insisting that, as far as the state house representative seat for Nsit Ubium is concerned, ONOFIOK AKPAN LUKE IS THE MAN. Catch ya next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment