Wednesday 9 April 2014

I remain a PDP member - Hon. Patty Etete

I remain a PDP member - Hon. Patty Etete
…Denies rumour of defection to APC
…Vows to expose group behind the conspiracy
…Says loyalty to PDP, Gov, Akpabio is total

A former member of the House of Representatives, Hon, Patty Etete Ineme who is also an aspirant for the Ikot Ekpene Federal constituency ticket come 2015 has denied defecting to the  All Progressive  Congress (APC), from the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) stating that such rumour exist only in the figment of the imagination of those behind the campaign of blackmail and character assassination, declaring that he remains loyal to the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) under whose platform he represented his people from 2007-2011 and intend to represent again come 2015.

The Ikot Ekpene born politician was reacting to the rumours making the rounds that he has defected from the PDP to the APC and the subsequent printing of his campaign posters with APC  logo as an aspirant for the house of Reps seat, by some unscrupulous elements,  a move he said is aimed at creating hostility and crisis of confidence  between him and the Governor   explaining that such blackmail is unfounded and urged the public to disregard such propaganda being deployed by some mischief maker who are intimidated by his rising political profile, revival and pedigree, even as he pledged his unweaving and total  support to the state Governor, His Excellency, Chief Dr. Godswill Akpabio and the PDP.


“Some mischief makers are going about telling people that I have defected from the PDP to the APC. They went as far as printing some campaign posters with my photograph with APC logo, depicting me as an aspirant for the Federal House of Representatives in 2015 under the platform of the APC”.

Continuing, he said “I want to state categorically that at no time have I ever contemplated leaving the PDP for any other political party. I remain a member of PDP, I remain loyal to the PDP and I remain loyal to His Excellency Chief (Dr) Godswill Akpabio, the Executive Governor of Akwa Ibom state who is my mentor and party leader”.

Hon. Patty however called on those behind the blackmail to desist from their trade of  blackmail, character assassination and all forms of smear campaign in the name of politics, declaring that he remains undaunted, resolute and totally committed to the call from his consistency to have him as their representative come 2015 under the platform of the PDP. 

While expressing display at the level some politicians go all in a bid to destroy their opponents in the name of politics, Hon. Patty Etete declared that he remains resolute to fly to PDP ticket come 2015 but vowed to expose the mischief makers behind the blackmail if they fail to desist from their wicked and undemocratic behaviour towards him. 

He explained the while it is only natural that his rising political profile, pedigree, revival and massive support he has from his constituents is a source of worry to his political opponents, which explains why they are jittery, they should desist from acts capable of undermining the peace, stability and progress of the constituency. 

According to the Ex-parliamentarian, “This was the same way they blackmailed me in 2011, destroyed my business empire and brought untold hardship to not just me but the many youths who work and earn a living from my numerous business ventures. For three years now, my mother has been on exile because of the activity of this blackmailers and I fear of my life in the hands of these blackmailers who can do anything no matter how despicable to stop me as they have done in the past”.  

He called on the public to disregard the purported defection propaganda being propagated and urged his supporters to remain resolute and committed to the 2015 agenda of having him go back to the National Assembly for effective, dynamic and purposeful representation which has been the hallmark of what the constituency witnessed from 2007-2011 when he served as their Federal representative.

“We know the people who are masters of deceptive printing. They did same in 2011 but when I confronted them with the facts and proofs, they denied only to be finally exposed subsequently after. Their plans is to make the Governor doubt my loyalty especially now that the Governor is coming to Ikot Ekpene for the Town Hall meeting. After threatening to kidnap my mother and scare her away, my mum has been on exile for about three years now yet they are not satisfied. Is it until I die they will let me and my family be?” he asked.
He called on his political opponent to stop the cowardice but get ready to face him at the polls come 2015, declaring that he is ever ready to face them and challenge them through democratic and peaceful means using the ballot box.
“I am from Nto Ndem in Atai Essien in Ikot Ekpene LGA. Nto Ndem is the Royal Family in Ikot Ekpene . Ekpene blood runs directly through me as a Prince of Atai Essien.
A true son of Nto Ekpene, relations, relatives will not blackmail a real son of Ikot Ekpene. The people sponsoring these blackmail are not real sons of Ikot Ekpene. People just come from anywhere to blackmail true indigenes of the land. If you think you have come to Ikot Ekpene and you are somebody, prove your might at the polls come 2015,” he declared.          

No comments:

Post a Comment