Tuesday 29 April 2014

APC: Enwang faults Udoedehe’s approach BY KENNETH JUDE

APC: Enwang faults Udoedehe’s approach BY KENNETH JUDE

A former military governor of Ogun State and 2011 governorship contestant in the State, Group Captain Sam Enwang (rtd) has stressed on the need for the people of the State to be properly informed and positioned especially as the political atmosphere heats up ahead of the 2011 General elections. 

He stated this while interacting with newsmen in Uyo last Saturday after the APC state congress which he boycotted.  He decried that some unwanted persons with no pedigree are bent on diverting the process and the principles that APC stands for. He condemned the Part’s Saturday congress which he described as a sham 

He stated further that with his pedigree as a senior citizen of the country and a man who has the interest of the people at heart, he had to cut short his trip in order to put the records straight for the people to understand. He said, ‘I have a father and a mother who brought me up properly, I never insulted or beat up my parents, so people who think they can fraudulently use my name and that of my colleagues to  do fraudulent things, I won’t accept that. What was called State congress in Akwa Ibom held at the Primary School, Offot, was a sham and I wish to particularly dissociate myself from it


And particularly, I want to dissociate myself and that of my friends and colleagues like Obong Engr. Effiok Akpan from Uyo senatorial district (ACN); Obong Ezekiel Atang, Eket senatorial district (CPC); Obong Ifiok Ani Asikpo, Ikot Ekpene senatorial district (CPC); my good self from ANPP; Obong Nsima Umoh, Uyo senatorial district (ACN) - Abai Ibiono; Chief Ime Umana who was deputy to Senator Udoedeghe in the 2011 general elections under the umbrella of the ACN. I will also mention Professor Ekeng Anam Ndu of the ACN, Barr. Joe Ukpong who was the ACN senatorial candidate in 2011; Pastor George Ikpe from Eket senatorial District, ACN Athanasius Okon of the CPC; Chief Mbatessien from Etinan, ACN  my ANPP then State party chairman Arc Paul Bassey; the State CPC chairman, Bestman from Ikot Ekpene; I dissociate all. That because of the behavior and character of the people that led ACN in 2011, both the chairman of the party and the secretary, the deputy governor, Uyo senatorial district candidate, they have gone back to PDP. And it’s the same person that has continued in that dastard act of ensuring that the party does not work. We don’t know what he want, but we believe he is here to sell the party for money But we believe that APC can win election in Akwa Ibom State. And we want the party to grow that’s why we won’t associate ourselves with fraud because the people of Akwa Ibom State have become so tired of deceit; therefore, I also dissociate them from what is happening hence what they did today (referring to the sturday congress of the APC) as consensus using the name of some people are in fact those who want office from ACN. So what they did today as consensus is null and void and it’s not acceptable by us. I want anybody to challenge me by naming any serious person that was part of what he did, and let him also challenge me that he can win election in Akwa Ibom State even 2 percent with what he’s doing.

There is also David Ekanem from APGA. The APC in Akwa Ibom State is made up of four parties: ANPP, ACN, CPC and APGA and majority of former ACN members are with us. Let him name one responsible person that is with him because no member of the other three parties is with him. I will also mention Pere Ntuk from Uyo Senatorial district of the ANPP and many others.

So, because of what has happened, I have decided to dissociate myself quickly and that of my colleagues who are with me and many others that I cannot name and are not part of that fraud. We will like to protect our name. I therefore advise the APC leaders that if they want to be deceived, they are free, but if they want to win Akwa Ibom State, they must cancel whatever has been called congresses in Akwa Ibom State. We have not at any time been brought together as party that means we have not been harmonized; so the erstwhile parties that constitute APC are still in their own camps.

What APC leadership at the National level needs to do is to send people to come and harmonize us. Those paid agents who came to register and repeated that process and cause confusion in Akwa Ibom State as Congress Committee members are just fraudulent and I challenge them to come out and tell me no. They came for money and that they have got, let them go back.


No comments:

Post a Comment