Tuesday 25 March 2014

Aniekan Etiebiet denies senate ambition

Aniekan Etiebiet denies senate ambition


“My brother, why did you publish that kind of story on me, I have gotten so many calls from people asking me if I want to contest for the senate position of my senatorial district, I just came back from overseas and the calls I got was too much. I am very comfortable with my work as a lawyer in my company. Although I am very much qualified to contest, I am not interested in the senate position”

These were exactly the words of the son to the former Governor of Cross River State, Mr. Aniekan Etiebet. The junior Etiebet was reacting to a publication on THE INK newspaper were he is said to have indicated a very strong interest to the senate to represent Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District.
The seasoned lawyer while speaking to this reporter in his private living room in his Abak residence penultimate sunday stressed his qualification to contest but insisted that he will not contest the senate position as he is pre occupied with the responsibilities of office as a lawyer.


He reasoned that he has not told anybody or group of persons that he will run the election and urged all his fans and supporters to discountenance any report or rumour linking him to the senate position or contest come 2015.

He also appealed to media chiefs to always cross check facts and figures before going to the press as anything short of that is capable of causing disharmony between two or more friends. He reiterated his determination to serve in his capacity and to always remain loyal and faithful to his Party the PDP and authorities of all forms and tiers of Government. 

No comments:

Post a Comment