Wednesday 19 February 2014

What PDP Man of the Year Award means to me - Prince Akpabio

What PDP Man of the Year Award means to me - Prince Akpabio


As soon as Prince Ukpong Akpabio was decorated with the award as the Essien Udim PDP man of the year, THE INK set out to have an interaction with him to have the Essien Udim PDP man of the year air his mind on how he sees the award. What the award means to him and other sundry issues. Excerpts;

What does the award means to you?
The Peoples Democratic Party is the largest political party in Africa, whose followership is driven by the ideals of its founding fathers. In Akwa Ibom, His Excellency, Chief (Dr.) Godswill O. Akpabio is the leader of the party whose uncommon transformation is driven by the ideals of the party. Thus, this honour given me by the Party in Essien Udim chapter has encouraged me to continue my selfless efforts in complementing the efforts of theuncommon transformation agenda of His Excellency, Chief (Dr.) Godswill Obot Akpabio, CON. I feel a sense of belonging in the uncommon transformation team. This award means a lot to me, especially as it is coming from my home. You know they say charity begins at home and if your home front has found it fit and necessary to honour you, then it is a feat. It is a milestone. I will forever value and treasure this award. I commend the organizers and I will do the best I can to ensure that I keep contributing my very best to the development of the Party and human resources.

Did you ever envisage the award coming to you?
No! I never knew about such an award. It came to me by surprise. Ordinarily, I would have rejected the award but party discipline is enshrined firmly in our code of conduct. I had to accept it. Furthermore, my contributions to the growth of the party at all levels were not borne out of any expectation for reward. What my friends have encouraged me to contribute to our party is part of our character. Hence, whether or not I won the award this year is immaterial. I am a loyal party man.
What PDP Man of the Year Award means to me - Prince Akpabio


What will the award do to you, will it motivate you to do more for the party or will you be convinced that with the award, your works for the party has been noticed and hence no need to contribute to the party again?
The award is a booster. It has encouraged and will encourage me to know that no good effort goes unnoticed. Like I said earlier, His Excellency, Governor Godswill Akpabio’s uncommon transformation in Akwa Ibom state is a testimony of PDP’s performance. So I have a burden to support, promote and compliment this legacy anywhere I find myself andEssien Udim LGA is my home town and I have by the grace of God I have created an impact there because “Charity, they say begins at home”. This award will not only inspire me alone to do more, but will also act as a catalyst for our great party men and women, to continue to work for our party.

Who are you dedicating the award to?
The answer is not farfetched. I am dedicating this award to His Excellency the Executive Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Chief (Dr.) Godswill O. Akpabio, CON, whose uncommon passion for development cannot be over-emphasized. And also to Her Excellency, our “Mother Theresa”, Mrs. Ekaette Unoma Godswill Akpabio, whose motherly love and support has seen me through my years in the uncommon transformation team.

What advice do you have for the younger people who are looking up to you as a role model?
Firstly, I advise our young people to draw closer to God. My life as a politician has been shaped primarily by my relationship with God who is greater and wiser than all men. “Righteousness exalts a nation”, so, let our young people seek God and his righteousness and shun all negative vices that will do them no good.

Secondly, focus. Every individual has unique life goals which are achievable when he or she is focused. When you work hard and focus on your goals, success is not far from you.

The people of Essien Udim are not blind. Men and women and children from all nooks and crannies have tested His Excellency’s uncommon transformation. By the grace of God, in my little capacity, I am only complementing the efforts of His Excellency, Governor Godswill Akpabio. So I was not surprised to see all the troops that came out to celebrate with me. My prayer is that I will not fail them and God will continue to bless them and the whole people of Akwa Ibom State.

No comments:

Post a Comment