Wednesday 20 November 2013

Akpabio did not supervise assault on me - Onofiok Luke

Akpabio did not supervise assault on me - Onofiok Luke


Chairman of Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly committee on Finance and appropriation and member representing Nsit Ubium State Constituency Hon. Onofiok Akpan Luke has broken the ice on his recent harassment by Mr. Nse Ntuen and Emmanuel Ekon with a position that Governor Godswill Akpabio never supervised the attack by his assailants 

Onofiok Luke in a press statement titled that lies may fade and truth remain, said; “I must state here, now and for the records that the governor did not supervise any of the act that was done against me, infact the Governor on immediately being informed of the incidence by the state chairman of the PDP Obong Paul Ekpo, intervened and summoned a peace meeting at the country home of the Honourable commissioner for special duties, Barr Emmanuel Enoidem where he caused the persons involve to apologize to me.
 The Governor on that same occasion demonstrated an uncommon leadership trait by also apologizing on their behalf” the statement reads in part.
The Nsit Ubium lawmaker added that there is no way Akpabio would beam with smiles while he was assaulted. He reiterated his relationship with Akpabio which he described as predating politics and likened it to a father and son relationship.

On the statement credited to the Information Commissioner Aniekan Umanah as having said that Barr Luke shouted on Akpabio, the Nsit Ubium law maker described it as unfortunate. He said “the online reports also quoted the Honourable commissioner for information and communications as stating that I raised my voice against the governor. I sincerely do not believe that to be from the Honourable commissioner or I believe he was misquoted as I have always seen him to be a man of truth, factual in    his statement and upright. But if he made the statement, then it is quite unfortunate as I never raised my voice against the governor and none of my colleagues at the scene mentioned such issues as alleged in the Honourable commissioner’s response”.
Barr Luke however thanked persons and institutions who stood by him during the time and appealed that all should forgive and forget that incidence as according to him, he has since forgiven every person for their misdeeds.  

No comments:

Post a Comment